As Finance Country Controller you will ensure a high standard of control in financial accounting, reporting and budget management.This role is a critical role that connects the food finance function across clusters and small C categories in terms of performance management, budget controls, analysis and dynamic resource allocation.
You will also provide excellent exposure to global strategy, performance drivers in Developing and emerging markets(D&E) and insights into Foods.
You will interface with the following stakeholders:
- Central Foods Category Leadership team
- Cluster Finance Teams
- Global Foods Finance team
- Global Cross Category Finance team
The key deliverables in this role are summarized below:
CONTROL, ACCOUNTING & REPORTING
• Ensure integrity and control across accrual/payment process.
• Engage with the cluster finance teams to ensure compliance to accounting standards and policies.
• Report results and variances on a monthly basis.
• Ensure process compliance with global timelines.
• Compile and publish Category monthly forecast packages
• Review and update SAP master data.
• Responsible for managing category budgets (Bought in Cost (BIC) and departmental costs) budgets.
• Key driver of robust resource and budget allocation across categories, marketing development, R&D activities and capital expenditure.
• Challenge inefficiencies and indicate drivers for review.
• Use relevant competitive benchmarks (financials, shadow P&Ls) to identify savings opportunities and/or areas under leveraged.
BUSINESS PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
• Analyse the performance to come to key insights to raise the business performance.
• Lead the engagement framework between the clusters and the Global teams to identify, highlight and resolve key business issues.
• Raise the quality of cluster engagement calls.
• Put in place a strong framework for engagement between Cluster Finance Managers and Global Finance teams.
• Analyse historic performance, forecasts and track the same versus Business targets.
• Leverage standard performance reporting to enable Brand LT / GCLT to have a 360-degree view of business and hold itself and others accountable for delivery of strategy and performance.
• Champion use of standard ES reporting solutions (MBI, One View) within the category
• Actively drive simplification of reporting through use of standard ES reports and tools e.g. MBI, OneView
• Partner with Supply Chain finance to ensure proper understanding of product cost levers and key drivers of manufacturing costs.
• Analyse results and consult Global and Regional finance managers for variances explanations versus forecast.
LEAD TEAM AGENDA
• Participate in cross Category workstreams to drive best practice in key challenge areas such as ROMI, gross margin, sustainability, Digital etc.
• Proactively seek opportunities to share Category best practice within wider Finance function and to learn from best practice of other Finance areas.
|Required Skills and Competencies
•Five (5) to Eight (8) years Finance business partnering experience within the FMCG sector.
•Previous work experience in Supply Chain is preferred. Other Finance experience in Brand Building or Brand Development (BB or BD) and Customer Development Finance.
•Experience in managing capital projects and supporting team members across different countries.
•Experience at communicating at all levels of the organization.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
•Strategic thinking and execution focus.
•Effective Business Partnering.
•Performance Management and business planning
•Decision Support and Adhoc evaluation
•Ability to operate on a regional scale
•Application level of IT skills with particular depth knowledge of the use of SAP; Windows Excel is required.
•Communication and interpersonal skills
•Leadership vs Managing and Directing
|Desired Personal Attributes
|•Bias for action
•Accountability and responsibility
•Building talent and teams
•Consumer and customer focus
•Self-starter able to operate independently with no supervision
|Prerequisites (minimum requirement)
|Bachelor of Science (BSc) - Second Class Lower
|Institute of Chartered Accountants (ACA)
|Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
|5 - 8 years
||Finance Country Controller
||Nigeria, Nigeria, Lagos
|Sign in or Register to apply for this position.